Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Liver and onions with bacon and mushrooms

MMMMMM Liver and onions!!!!   Sean was supposed to go out of town today so I bought liver.  Then his plans changed, I said "too bad, I'm still having liver, you can have leftovers".   I was at Whole foods so it was grass fed beef liver and I bought some organic bacon to go with it.   Seans "leftovers" were served with organic tofu noodles.  His thoughts on them "I'll eat them this time, but never again"!   lol!!!





Slowly cook bacon, I like to pepper my bacon and I added fresh thyme.

Sweet onion and garlic.  

MMMMMM liver, salt and pepper and worcestershire.

Onions, garlic and mushrooms.

Caramelized Onions and garlic and mushrooms.  See the liver in the back right sprinkled with flour.

Move to the sides and add liver.

Sooooo yummy.







1 pack of bacon
1 large sweet onion
6-8 cloves of garlic. Chopped large
Sliced mushrooms
Fresh thyme
salt and pepper

To prepare liver I cut it in to 2-3 inch pieces salt and peppered it and sprinkled it with worcestershire.  Just before cooking I sprinkled some flour on it.
Cook bacon slowly with pepper and fresh thyme.  Remove from pan and slowly cook onions and garlic and mushrooms.  When its all caramelized move to the sides and add the liver. Cook until just not pink anymore.   Brie says you can use wine to deglaze the pan at this point.
















1 comment:

  1. love It....one question does the liver taste sandy...that what I remember when my mom made it. ps. love the details and pics..val rocks !!!!!

    ReplyDelete