Sunday, March 4, 2012

London broil with purple carrots and red potatoes

So I have decided to buy as much of my fruits and veggies from local growers as I can.   Not to far from my house there is Pinecrest gardens, every sunday they have a market.
This is just one of the many veggie stands.
My friend Monica has a booth, she sells handmade soaps and soy candles.  There are also Bakery booths, Prepared foods, plants and other handcrafted items. 

These are the goodies I got last week.  Brussels sprouts, garlic, small heirloom tomatoes,  gherkin cucumbers, purple heirloom carrots and orange carrots.

I first thought the purple ones were turnips, but they were carrots.  Carrots have always been my favorite of all the veggies, these were extra sweet.

Legs crossed

Peeled and cut.  I par boiled them

And roasted them in the oven also roasted some little red potatoes with a recipe that Sean came up with.

So here is my london broil. 

On the table.

On my plate!!  

Oh delicious carrots!!



London broil

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
Crushed garlic clove
Lemon zest
Pepper

Marinate 6 hours to overnight.

Remove from marinade and let it come to room temperature.  Set up broiling pan, I like to put foil on everything.  Place the meat on the foil.  Set up the oven with the rack on the second highest level and turn the oven to broil.  Let it preheat.   It only take about 5-6 min on each side, don't get distracted!!  i used a meat thermometer and got the temp up to 125. We like our Meat rare/med-rare.  Slice meat on the diagonal across the grain.


Koo koo roo's roasted potatoes

small/med Red potatoes, 
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Coriander
Paprika
Oregano
After you take them out of the oven
Parmesan cheese
Parsley

Cut in to eights and parboiled the potatoes.  Sprinkle a little bit of everything on them and put them in the oven at 350 for 20 min.  After you take them out of the oven sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.

Heirloom purple carrots

Purple carrots 
Olive oil
salt
pepper
thyme

Peel and halve or quarter carrots and parboil.  Season and roast in the oven with the potatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment